Adventures Abroad

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Forcing the habit

I'm going to make a real effort while state side to write in my blog. I am terrible at keeping journals. In fact a spent a summer on one of the greatest adventures of my life and only have 3 pages about Pennsylvania to show for it. So I figure if I give myself a running start I might have the momentum to squeak out posts in a fairly consistant manner.

So I had a wonderful weekend. I spent Friday night working at an event in Costa Mesa at the Turnip Rose . The drive was a drag but the location was beautiful and the food was great. It was an art show for an alzheimer's charity and it went pretty well. So work is going well. I really like all of the people I work with. The work itself is very detail orientated, which can be frustrating. Although I am learning alot about event planning. I've put together a few events in my day, and I wish I knew this stuff back then.

I also went the Descanso Botanical Gardens with Ryan and my sister. We had a very nice time picnicing and looking at all the flowers.

We have food and are ready to go


The anteater watches over our travels Cherry blossoms

Bamboo and camillas

Monkey love

River blossoms


ChunkerExhausted Monkey

But most importantly, I bought a pet. Calm down folks it's just a fish. My mother thinks its me longing for a more seditary lifestyle, but its just a fish. A black moor gold fish to be exact- so no problem with leaving home for a while. Hopefully I can get my sister to take care of him for a while and email me picutres while I'm gone.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    l love you Laura,
    maybe l can sell my ovaries for great justice and a trip to L.A.

     
  • At 8:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This post is b******t!
    :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home