Adventures Abroad

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Gearing up

It has become apparent to me that I now have an audience. Thanks for reading kids, I really appreciate it. I'll do my best to keep self righteous monologues to a minimum.

I got my tax return yesterday and am getting serious about getting all my gear. So far I have some sweet camping underwear that promises I can go weeks with only one pair and chocas. These are both in thanks to Ryan, who demands that I be a better kept woman.

My next big purchase is my solar battery charger and I think I am going with this baby.
Then here is what will be a growing list of other things I will need:

-headlamp
-sleeping bag
-sleep pad
-panniers
-gifts for my host family
-short wave radio
-rechargable batteries
-herb seeds
-tabasco, herbs & spices
-a journal
- a credit card with no fees and low interest that doesn't need to be paid off each month

other than that I think I have everything covered. I have a camelbak, a tent and a sense of humor. Any other suggestions?

4 Comments:

  • At 10:40 AM, Blogger MC Master Chef said…

    Will you have a computer / internet access there? How about a camera? I guess you can probably get yourself a big whacking bush knife there, huh.

     
  • At 11:02 AM, Blogger MC Master Chef said…

    Also, I like self righteous monologues.

     
  • At 5:54 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    You need some gaffa (duct) tape rolled around a pencil. It's like my old gaffa said, if you can't fix it with gaffa tape it's broken.

    Judas Penrose
    Poetry Politics and Piracy

     
  • At 8:07 PM, Blogger Laura in Zed said…

    This is all great advice.

    Large knife I can probably pick up there, although there is a discernable lack of thick foliage. I have a camera and am taking it. Duct tape is definately coming too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home