Adventures Abroad

Friday, April 07, 2006

Blue collar comedy tour

Today started off as a typical day, I dragged myself out of bed feeling like a fool for getting up an hour eariler than i had to. Once on the treadmill for about 20 minutes I wondered why I didn't do this everyday, heck twice a day.

That's when some comet type thing landed in my eye. As a student of first aid I rubbed it till my it didn't seem to work. By then I had been at work for a few hours. I think I may have scratched my cornea a bit, but that's only because my eye looks like the inside of a tabasco bottle. While it has prompted intrusive questions from cashiers and coworker "gasp- what happened to your eye?" I've only responsed with shrugs instead of incriminating myself by alluding to my previous speluncking mishap.

After work, I went to see Ron White. This is the man who was one the Blue Collar Comedy Tour, who is also known as Tator Salad. Oh the judging started in the parking lot. While Mr. White is a funny man, his audience is quite a niche. Albeit we were just outside of LA, I saw hunting hats, Harley t-shirts and more than one tube top- mind you it wasn't a particularly warm day. Seeing as how my eye looked like christmas I was in not place to judge, though.

Tomorrow is the weekend, Ryan convinced me not to take the foreign service exam just for fun this Saturday and I've caught a bit of the theatre bug- maybe even in my eye.

If this doesn't get better I'm posting pictures.

4 Comments:

  • At 2:53 PM, Blogger MC Master Chef said…

    Apropos of nothing: did you realize that there are a full 39 other people on Blogger besides you who've indicated an interest in Aquaculture in their profile? Clearly this is the hot new hobby that I've been looking for!

    p.s. - any pictures?

     
  • At 9:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sweetie,
    Please post more. Don't let this blog go stale - there are people who want to read it, but are checking less & less often.
    Love ya,
    Ryan

     
  • At 4:29 AM, Blogger Helen said…

    hey sis maybe it was a monkey in your eye

     
  • At 3:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
    »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home